Tax Credits

Working Tax Credits

If you have children then you can get some money from the government to help with the costs of raising a family.

As well as child benefit, most parents are entitled to Child Tax Credits. Despite its name, this is money paid directly to whoever looks after the child. The amount you get will vary, and is based on your household income. 

You can check your entitlement and apply online at


If you don't have access to the Internet, you can check your eligibility or get a claim pack by phoning 0800 500 222. This line is open between 7.00am and 11.00pm, seven days a week.

The form takes a while to fill out and you will need to know how much you earned in the last tax year, but it is likely to be worth it.


  • Inland Revenue Tax Credits
  • Babyworld


<!-- /15944428/ --> <div id='div-gpt-ad-1604915830963-0'> <script> googletag.cmd.push(function() { googletag.display('div-gpt-ad-1604915830963-0'); }); </script> </div>